Brandol Bunch has expanded!

Established March 2009. Expanded October 2010 with a happy beautiful little girl!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Healthy Animals or Unhealthy Animals? That is the question..

We love our animals. We really do. But lately... it has been one thing after another. First we had our sisters horse here that was just sick. Not too bad. That one was the easy one. Then our colt got kicked and had a pretty bad wound so we took Fancy (Saundra's horse) back out and brought Honey and Ace (the colt) in here so we could take care of him. We had him here for 2 weeks and I get a call to tell me that Jazz (the one that kicked Ace) has hurt herself pretty bad. I didn't want to take Ace back out there but I couldn't leave him him with Jazz to get kicked again. So my friend Emily who is the one that has been planning on buying him since he was born took him. It was a little early to be weened from his mom but it was a good thing to do. Now at least he is safe and has started to get his training. He is going to be a beautiful horse and I can't wait to see what he turns into. Now as for Jazz. Her wound is by far the worst injury I have ever had to doctor on my animals. But I am happy to say that she is healing and hopefully in a couple more months she will be ok.

Now for the dogs... last Saturday night we came back from a friends wedding to find him constantly licking his leg. So we checked into what was wrong and noticed that he had blood on his leg and then saw that he had blood on his nose. So I cleaned it up and it wasn't too bad just a little open wound, so off we went to bed. Sunday morning we woke up and it had spread and was still bleeding. It continued to bleed and spread throughout the day and by Monday morning was really bad. So I had to take him to the vet. Luckily I was able to get him in that morning. He has a pretty bad infection but will be ok.

One day we will know what it was like to have healthy animals. I can't wait until that day.

*Pictures have been purposely left off this post for the benefit of anyone that may read this..*

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about your animals. I hope they all start getting well soon! Thats scary!

    ReplyDelete