We spent the last week on the Oregon Coast for a Family reunion. I love it there.. even with the fog and the mist and the colder weather that we had all week I would gladly go back tomorrow... (actually today but Schuyler already told me no to that). The trip out we did in two days. And the place we stopped was still really really hot... We bought a little "camper" especially for this trip so that we have a place for our dogs to travel and that we would have a place for all of us to sleep that would get me off the ground... well. I was 29 weeks pregnant on the drive out and sleeping in a camper that is really just a glorified shell with Schuyler and both of my dogs in what felt like a million degree heat didn't go too well. We had all the windows open and the back door open to try to cool it off a little and I think Schuyler and I got about 3 hours of sleep that night. But I did have a great view of the big dipper out my window so I stared at the stars all night praying that it would cool off so we could all get some sleep.

I wont run you through the whole week I will get to the pictures.. but I had a great time and a great vacation. I just love spending time with my family. I wish I had been more up to doing games and sitting by the fire with everyone but being 29 - 30 weeks pregnant and going from close too 100 degree temperatures to in the 50's degree temperatures and driving that much did quite a number on me. We got home at 3 am this morning after doing an 18 hour drive (yup did the trip home all in one day) so today is a rest and relaxation day to get ready for work tomorrow. But the whole week was wonderful and I am ready to turn around and go back. I have even been looking online at houses for sale in that area... don't worry Mom that wont happen anytime soon...
Me and Schuyler (ok mostly Schuyler but keep in mind- 30 weeks pregnant.. bare with me ok.)
Schuyler and Keeta... couldn't help it.. Look at her look at him.. too cute.
The family and crew and everything else...
Next morning we got up and headed to the coast (YAY)!! There is just something about seeing those beautiful green tall trees lining the roads that always makes me giddy. So even despite the pain in my back and the resistance our little girl was giving me about being in the car again, I was so excited.
After a stop at a beautiful rest stop for lunch we finally made it to the coast.. and it was perfect (well kinda) It was the cooler temperatures that I have been looking forward too. But it was also foggy and misty. But that is ok. We had such a great turn out for the family reunion this year!! I haven't seen that many people at a reunion in years. It was great. Our dogs had a great time running on the beach and playing in the water. It was fun to watch.
I wont run you through the whole week I will get to the pictures.. but I had a great time and a great vacation. I just love spending time with my family. I wish I had been more up to doing games and sitting by the fire with everyone but being 29 - 30 weeks pregnant and going from close too 100 degree temperatures to in the 50's degree temperatures and driving that much did quite a number on me. We got home at 3 am this morning after doing an 18 hour drive (yup did the trip home all in one day) so today is a rest and relaxation day to get ready for work tomorrow. But the whole week was wonderful and I am ready to turn around and go back. I have even been looking online at houses for sale in that area... don't worry Mom that wont happen anytime soon...
Me and Schuyler (ok mostly Schuyler but keep in mind- 30 weeks pregnant.. bare with me ok.)
The family and crew and everything else...
Looks like the 2.5 of you had a blast! I wish I could go there and cool off for a while. HAHA, this heat is killing me!
ReplyDeleteI love the family tree picture :) Those are great pictures of the ocean. I love it!
ReplyDelete