Brandol Bunch has expanded!

Established March 2009. Expanded October 2010 with a happy beautiful little girl!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Time does fly

I can't believe how fast time has gone by. It seems like just the other day I was having my panic attack because that pregnancy test that I was sure would come back negative came back and said positive... then calming down and then panicking again because I would have to tell Schuyler and I knew he had wanted to be there when I took the test. But really I was just taking it to know if I could have a drink that night at the concert and I didn't think it would be positive so I didn't think there would be anything wrong with it... So I took it the morning of Feb. 4 after Schuyler left for work. Then all morning I tried to figure out how in the world I was going to tell him... So I went to the store and got him a present. A little onesie that says "Daddy Loves Me" and a little PJ thing that was super cute and a binky. So that I could give him a present when I got home. I left work a little early and went in and undug (cause I hid it) the pregnancy test and put it in my back pocket because I knew he wouldn't believe me, and gave him the present.. oh and stood on the opposite side of the room, waiting to see how he would react.
Yup I remember it like it was yesterday... and now here we are we have just over 7 weeks until the due date, just over 4 until we hit that full-term mark, and I am scared to death, yet so excited. Schuyler has been amazing, getting everything ready. The nursery wont look like I had hoped but it will eventually get that way, I hope. My mom has been wonderful. She has given us diapers, wipes, a bunch of blankets and countless outfits already. I don't know what I would do without her. We have had our share of scares, but now as I am sitting there watching our baby do flip-flops around in my belly I don't care about the fact that I have been throwing up the whole time or that our "wonderful" Utah heat makes me lightheaded and makes me feel like I am going to pass out. Or that walking through Walmart has made me almost pass out. I don't care about any of that. Because when I see her little foot push out on my side or see my belly making waves from her rolling around it all seems worth it. I was laying in bed last night and I could feel and see her feet going up and down my stomach so I called Schuyler in so he could feel it. I love seeing his excitement and his smile to feel that.
My sister is going to Scotland next month so I keep telling our little one that she has to stay in until at least the 14th (which is the full-term mark) so that she is back for it. I would prefer her to stay in longer than that but I figure that is the goal then after that as long as she is healthy and ready to go then she can come.

Anyways, we are all doing really well and we are at the point that we have appointments every two weeks so it should go nice and quickly from here on out. I know I have said it before but I am so lucky to have a husband like Schuyler, he is so great and supports me with everything. I have been so stressed out lately with everything going on and he just takes it and helps me out so much. I would be so lost without him in my life. He is going to be such a great dad and I am so excited to see him hold our little one the first time.

1 comment:

  1. I loved feeling Benjamin kick me and move. That was the most wonderful feeling. Once they are here they grow so quickly. I can hardly remember what it was like to have a baby and it was only a year and a half ago. Enjoy every moment with her :)

    ReplyDelete